Video Game Girl Collab Video Game Girl Collab

The user interface is broken in every way possible.

It would honestly have been easier to browse a gallery of images and click on links/thumbnails.

Pokemon Gold: SB 2.0 Pokemon Gold: SB 2.0

The only reason I viewed this was to hear the game corner music/lucky channel radio.... and you omitted it completely. :(

Earn to Die 2: Exodus Earn to Die 2: Exodus

Overall this game was okay.... and it doesn't really shine in any way that separates it from the thousands of other games in this overdone genre. In fact, there are some things that actually make it a little worse.

First off...... its Not "Awesome!"

Awesome its what the game tells me every time there are too many particle effects on the screen for the game to run smoothly...

Why would you intentionally slow a game down even further during the times when it is already bogging down? ....and then make the game say "Awesome!" like... if you tell the player its awesome enough times maybe he will believe it.

....not awesome..... stupid.

There is also obvious gating in place where you will run out of fuel or your engine will break, in the exact same places every time, regardless of how long/short a trip you took or how much fuel/objects you crash into.

The entire point of these games is to see how far you can get with as few upgrades as possible..... not force players to buy a defense or fuel upgrade just because they have made it beyond a certain point.

There are also issues with the car's back tire(s). When you are about to hit/land on a ledge or a cliff at the right speed and angle... the back tire can separate from the vehicle and will go offscreen and your vehicle will get shoved backwards really hard.

Pact Pact

This game was very poor.

The visuals, and sounds were just fine... but the gameplay was terrible.

It was way too repetitive.

I was able to beat the entire game upgrading only strength on all the characters,
(Since you always attack first.... and you will always defeat the enemy in one turn.)
The highest hp I had was 16hp... and I never once used an item from start to the very end (since you can only use them in battle).
Not a whole lot of strategy there.
Sometimes with the over aggressive random foe encounters, you would get attacked before you would even leave your space.... and it would take 2-3 tries to even move one square since you would just end up battling people again.
The end was extremely anti-climactic, and the journey to the end was not even enjoyable.

I was pretty disappointed... and the only reason I kept playing was just to see if I would be able to faceroll all the way to the end.

Also.... there is something wrong with the scaling mechanism between leveling up your strength and upgrading your weaponry.

At one point near the end it would cost me over 100 quadrillion gold to upgrade my weapon.

definitely broken.

How this got a daily third place is beyond me..... but I would urge the programmer to hire some beta testers before releasing something like this as a finished product.

Planets Gone Rogue! Planets Gone Rogue!

Fun game, but there are several problems.

1) You can beat the entire game without ever upgrading anything. This is because enemies will always scale to meet around your strength level, and at the very beginning of the game you have enough to go all the way to the end without ever upgrading.

2) If you never decide to upgrade anything, you will ALWAYS get paid for completing every battle, even if the planet is as far left as possible.

3) There is no point in starting over with more money and more hp if the enemies will always match your level of difficulty. Upgrading anything with that cash, just makes the enemies tougher. What is the point.

4) The more you upgrade, the higher chance an enemy will be able to kill you.
Why would you play a game where you are punished for upgrading?

That is just the tip of the iceberg with your particular upgrade/enemy scaling system.

I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

OMBG responds:

Thanks for playing and rating! I understand your points 100% if the enemies would be scaling with your planet strength, but I think there is a major misunderstanding going on here: The enemy planets do NOT scale with your equipment, only your reward for finishing these planets does.

The scaling of the enemy is only influenced by their position on the map: The further to the right they are located, the more money these planets have available to "buy" guns and upgrades from the price list. If you start a new campaign the first enemy planets don't have guns equipped on all positions because they can't afford it. As you continue to the right, regardless if you upgrade your planet or not, these planets will start to equip more guns and upgrades and will also have more health and better damage / defense / reload stats.

What does scale is the reward that you get for defeating the planets as indicated by the yellow "reward incentive" line.

I think what might have happened during your campaign is that you took on planets near the yellow incentive line after upgrading and you thought the enemies would scale with your upgrades.

If you are willing to try the game once more you could test the "non-upgrade"-strategy as you described it in 1) and you could try to finish the game this way, I would be very surprised if this would work out since you should encounter planets that are way too strong for your starting setup soon.

If I made a mistake in this or misinterpreted you and / or have overlooked an important detail please contact me via PM so I can correct this response and fix the potential issue in the game.

Chompy Chompy

Not sure why.... but the game completely stops every 5 seconds..... makes it pretty much unplayable.

There is no reason why my machine would be unable to run such a simple flash game unless there is some problem with the coding.

Look into it, please.

GuyUngerNL responds:

very strange, i don't know what to say

Land of Enki 2 Land of Enki 2

After finishing the Death face boss battle, the level does not complete.
Restarting the level and playing through it again does nothing.

Sky Quest Sky Quest

Made it to the boss in the level 53 area..... never lost once up until this point.

I've tried over 100 times to defeat this boss, and have yet to succeed.

It is not because I am a bad player. It is because of the way the game is designed.

The game is coded to spawn enemies at random, so the actual difficulty of any level completely depends on the spawn of enemies that you get... and that is ok.

What is not ok is mixing a random spawn of enemies in with a boss battle.

It is literally 100% impossible to reliably fight this boss without taking damage from wither the boss or the foes. Even with max movement speed, there are times where you are simply boxed in by projectiles, and cannot escape without taking damage.

The boss is also capable of using its strongest attack over and over and over and over and over and over..... or just floating there for 2 minutes straight not attacking at all.

This is poor game coding.

Anyone who has beaten the boss owes their victory to a pair of dice and nothing more.

Infectonator : Survivors Infectonator : Survivors

This is a really fun and addictive game!

...but it has several flaws which take away a lot from the overall score.

The first thing that I have an issue with is the overall randomness of the loot which you obtain through gameplay. Since it is randomized, you are essentially held hostage to a pair of dice whether or not you will be able to have enough supplies to feed your team of survivors, or get decent weaponry to be able to continue searching for supplies in heavy zombie areas.... or even locate all the parts needed to repair your car.

The game is fun.... but 90% of the time you will begin an unbeatable game, since random factors greatly influence the outcome of your survival.... and nobody likes to lose all the time.

Another issue is that when you kill the last zombie in a stage, it immediately ends, and you do not get to finish searching..... or revive your downed party members.
If anything, when a level ends, all party members should instantly rally, and you should be given a 20 sec grace period to search any remaining loot containers before the level ends.

And finally, the controls are often times unresponsive. Desperately trying to select a unit and move them in order to deal damage without being damaged is hit or miss..... your survivors often times never get selected, or just refuse to follow commands.

Anyway..... overall it is still a fun game to play..... but the random factors totally kill the fun in the end.

Thanks for uploading!

Ghostbusters B.I.P. #2 Ghostbusters B.I.P. #2

Once again, you've done an amazing job with Chapter 2!

Hahah, I loved how you get the gold medal for destroying the hotel.... true Ghostbusters action.

I loved it!

Sound 10/10
Gameplay 10/10
Story 10/10

Can't wait for part 3!

Thanks for sharing with all of us on Newgrounds!

Muja responds:

Anah I'm glad you liked the idea behind that gold medal!
Thank YOU very much for reading my comic and for all your compliments!